Kai Lan with Oyster Sauce
Preparation: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 300g Kai Lan, chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 thumbsize ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (vegetarian option available)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour - blend with water
- 55ml Chinese wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Blanch the Kai Lan in boiling water. The length of time depends on thickness of stem, or when leaves change colour.
- Drain and leave on side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon in a wok, stir-fry garlic and ginger until brown but not burnt.
- Next stir in the Kai Lan, oyster sauce, blended cornflour and water, Chinese wine vinegar and sugar, stir-fry until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve Kai Lan dish hot.
Other Kai Lan Names
Asian Broccoli, Chinese Kale, Jie Lan, Gai Lan and leaf broccoli.