Easy Stir-Fry Ong Choi
- Ong Choi 200g (whole or chopped into halves along the core)
- Garlic 2 Cloves (chopped in half)
- 3 tablespoon Groundnut or vegetable oil 3
- 1 tablespoon red or yellow curry paste / or shrimp paste / or 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Water - 100ml (boiling)
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic for 1 minute until golden then add the curry paste, shrimp paste or soy sauce and sugar.
- Fry for another minute then add the morning glory and water.
- Cover the wok and cook over a high heat until the leaves are tender, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Add chillies and stir further for 1 minute.
Other Ong Choi Names
Morning Glory, Chinese Water Spinach, Kankun, Kong Xin Cai (Kong Shin Tsai), Chau Gan Choi, Rau Muon, and Swamp Cabbage.